Living and working abroad is a great way to learn about the world and know yourself, and how does it feel to be a global citizen. As the world is becoming interconnected, more and more people are going abroad for work, but knowing where to begin while deciding which foreign country to visit can be at times difficult. To make things easier for you, here is a list of the top 7 countries to immigrate to for career growth opportunities.
We have considered many things while curating this list, including the cost of living, job opportunities, how easy it is to get a work visa in the country. Read on to find out why these are the top 7 countries to immigrate to for career growth opportunities.
Top 7 countries to Immigrate for Career Growth Opportunities
1. Germany– In the list of top countries for better career opportunities, Germany is the first one. This is a highly organized and modern country making it one of the best places to work abroad. It is known for its culture, history, and has an invincible work-life balance.
People in Germany work less and live a better and enjoyable life! Plenty of paid leaves, excellent healthcare, and unforgettable experiences will amaze you in Germany. The cost of living may be slightly more than what you are used to but living in Germany can be less costly compared to other European countries.
Each city has something unique to offer when it comes to immense career growth opportunities, making it a perfect place for travelers. The larger cities are the most popular ones among the people, with Munch, Frankfurt, and Berlin having the biggest ex-pat communities. Regardless of where you stay, you will get a taste of the extensive charm that is distinctive of this advanced European country.
2. South Korea- If you do your research before choosing any country, you will find that Korea tends to be one of the top countries that offer career growth opportunities. It is one of the best countries to work in. Here, you will find all kinds of jobs available for people especially those who know English fluently.
The government of South Korea invests a lot in providing English education, so, if you want to work as a teacher abroad, then South Korea is the right place for you! Foreigners who are working as English teachers in South Korea can save a decent amount of money because of the work benefits and low living costs in Korea.
You may find it difficult to live in Korea if you cannot adjust to their culture, mainly working culture. There, hierarchy and rank mean everything, but most of the companies tend to favor foreigners more as they know the cultural differences. However, if you go to South Korea, be prepared to work for long hours as Korea has the longest working hours among all the developed nations.
Despite the long working hour, Korea has many things to offer. From the busy metropolis of Seoul to the beautiful nature of Korea, there is something to enjoy. Busan, Seoul, and Daegu have huge ex-pat communities, attractive nightlife, and most significantly, tasty food. Residing and working in Korea is going to be a lifetime experience for anyone.
3. Denmark- With only 39.7 working hours a week, ex-pats who are working full-time in Denmark have the shortest week among the top 7 countries to immigrate to for career growth opportunities. The country also offers a good work-life balance.
Maybe that is the reason why the country attracts many highly educated ex-pats: nearly half of the respondents in Denmark, i.e., 47% have a master’s degree or equivalent. In addition, around 12% of people have a Ph.D., which is along with Sweden- the highest share among the featured top 10 countries.
You will not get this work-life balance anywhere else. Expats from different parts of the world who come to Denmark for career growth opportunities believe that the balance between private life and work in Denmark is one of the positive aspects of life.
4. The Netherlands- Continuously ranked among refugees for its exceptional working conditions and proper work-life balance, the Netherlands is a great option for those who want to work abroad. The Netherlands actively looks for foreign entrepreneurs and helps them invest in local organizations or to start their firm, small or big.
The quality of life in the Netherlands is higher compared to most other countries on the list of top 7 countries to immigrate to for career growth opportunities. The country is efficient, clean, and people living here talk straight to the point. Canals, biking, lots of festivals and entertainment and a comfortable way of life will please everybody.
5. The Czech Republic- Home to more than 500,000 foreigners, The Czech Republic is another popular country in Europe for people looking for career growth opportunities. Situated in Central Europe, it is a center for several international businesses in the area, creating several opportunities for foreign people.
It makes it quite easy to travel across Europe. Though, if you plan to go overseas to the Czech Republic, you do not need to spend much of your time traveling- there is plenty of beauty to see there.
Most of the ex-pats live either in Prague, the capital or in Brno. However, maximum jobs meant for foreigners are available in and around Prague. This city has something for everyone.
It is home to weird people, yet has cool bars and different music venues, awesome architecture, and rich food. Prague is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and there is not a single reason not to love this place.
6. Sweden- This country is known for immense career growth opportunities and a good work-life balance as they report above-average satisfaction with different factors: around 7 in ten people are satisfied with their work-life balance and over three-quarters, i.e., 77% are happy with their working hours.
Similarly, like New Zealand, people working in full-time positions need to work for just 42.3 hours every week. Also, 56 percent are satisfied with their career prospects, when compared to around 53 percent worldwide, and an even higher share is satisfied with their job security. There are many job opportunities and a proper work-life balance. What else do people want in a foreign country?
7. Vietnam- Everybody knows Vietnam for its beautiful green landscapes and its relaxed culture, but what many does not know is it offers plenty of career growth opportunities too. The friendly people and exciting cuisine attract many visitors from different countries every year. Many came for a visit but got settled here as they fell in love with the place.
Vietnam is also known for maintaining a proper work-life balance. People here put more emphasis on life than one’s career. This can be a refreshing place to live for an ex-pat, but there are a few challenges.
The cost of living is quite low in Vietnam and is easy to lead a comfortable life even if you follow a strict budget. On the contrary, this means wages can be low, based on your profession. Expats also express doubts about chaotic traffic and congestion in popular cities, which can increase air pollution. However, there is a specific beauty attached to the chaos of seeing Vietnam on a motorbike.
These are the top 7 countries to immigrate to for career growth opportunities. If you know any other country to be added to this list of countries with a lot of career growth opportunities, please tell us in the comment section. So, which country are you planning to go to?